Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Improving the sequence

I didn't like it that the radiator was assembled before the cpu. But it took some effort to get the cooling fluid out of the system. But today I took the time and coupled the tubes in the correct sequence being pump->cpu->radiator->reservoir.

Also I put in new coolant (still blue). So this is the new setup.

And what are the results? I like it very much temperature wise. At idle the cpu temperature remains at 24 degrees Celsius and the case temperature now remains at 27 degrees Celsius. Look at the screenshot I toch of the hardware monitor of CPUID.

At full load (after playing a demanding game) the case temperature remains at maximum 30 degrees Celsius. After all I can conclude that watercooling for me is a nice improvement and less risky than I anticipated.

No comments: