Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little explanation to begin with

For years I have been a computer enthusiast. So I like to experiment with hardware and software with limited resources in the area of PC's.

My current setup consists of a Stacker STC-01 computercase. That one contains enough space for building a watercoolingset into. I'm very curious if watercooling makes a lot of difference opposed to aircooling. The current operating temperature (idle) inside the case is about 30 degrees celcius.

The watercoolingset I'm going to use comes from Germany, and is a Preytek Nemesis 120. The producer/supplier is Kailon.de. The set consists of a reservoir with an integrated waterpump, a cpu-waterblock and a radiator with one 120 mm fan.

I tested everything once (before building it into the system) and is works awesome. The next step is to prepare the PC and assemble the watercoolingset. During the preparation I found out that the cpu-waterblock doesn't fit onto the cpu socket of my system. It doesn't fit on an am2-socket.

Therefore I have ordered a fitting cpu-waterblock holder for an am2-socket. But since I haven't been receiving anything for the last two weeks, I have decided to come up with a custom solution.

To customize the cpu-waterblockholder, I fitted two double strips of aluminium onto the am2-socket/bracket. The next step is to build it into the system, which I intend to start doing tomorrow.

No comments: